A new exhibit at the Iberville Museum—160 Years of Catholic Education in Iberville Parish—takes a look at the legacy of Father Charles Chambost, "the father of Catholic education" in the parish who founded the College of the Immaculate Conception for Boys in 1853. That school flourished and eventually expanded to educate girls in 1857 at St. Basil's Academy. Eventually the two schools would merge into the present day St. John School where traditions still run strong. The exhibit features old school uniforms, text books and photographs. 57735 Main Street. $2 adults; $1 children under twelve. (225) 687-7197.