Beginning October 16 and occurring over five consecutive Wednesday nights, some of BR's best arts organizations are teaming up with Art21 to present Frame of Minds, a series of documentary screenings and panel discussions to celebrate contemporary art and provoke thought on a variety of topics. Baton Rouge Gallery, the Louisiana Arts & Science Museum, the LSU Museum of Art, Culture Candy (in conjunction with the Glassell Gallery) and the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge will each host one event. The first four will feature a one-hour episode from Art21's Emmy and Peabody Award-winning Art in the Twenty-First Century series followed by a focused panel discussion. The final event (November 13, 2013) will feature one episode and a finale event celebrating collaboration and the future of the arts in Baton Rouge. Programs are as follow:
• October 16 at Baton Rouge Gallery: A screening of "Consumption" profiles artists Matthew Barney, Michael Ray Charles, Mel Chin, Andrea Zittel and Barbara Kruger). Panel discussion with visual artist Ross Jahnke, Stafford Kendall of Covalent Logic and spoken word artist Chancelier "Xero" Skidmore.
• October 23 at the LSU Museum of Art: "Stories" profiles artists Charles Atlas, Trenton Doyle Hancock, Kiki Smith, Do-Ho Sun and Kara Walker. Panel discussion with author Dee Scallan, digital media artist Derick Ostrenko and Doctor of Library and Information Science Suzanne Stauffer.
• October 30 at the Glassell Gallery, (hosted by Culture Candy): "Compassion" profiles artists William Kentridge, Doris Salcedo and Carrie Mae Weems. Panel discussion with visual artist Kelli Scott Kelley and president and CEO of Dialogue on Race Louisiana, Maxine Crump.
• November 6 at the Louisiana Art & Science Museum: "Balance" profiles artists Rackstraw Downes, Robert Mangold and Sarah Sze. Panel discussion with visual artists Ed Pramuk and Ed Smith.
• November 13 at the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge: "Transformation" profiles artists Paul McCarthy, Cindy Sherman and Yinka Shonibare, MBE, with a grand finale event to follow celebrating collaboration and the future of the arts in Baton Rouge.
7 pm–9 pm each night. The screenings at Baton Rouge Gallery and the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge will be held outdoors (weather permitting). More information on the Frame of Minds series at facebook.com/frameofmindsBR or at (225) 344-8558.